Carpet can be expensive, so it is important to know how to keep your carpet looking brand new to get the most out of your investment!
These are Mr Carpet’s top 4 tips for cleaning your carpet:
- Firstly, to keep your carpet clean it is a must to invest in a good quality vacuum and use it at least once a week! Dirt and debris can get caught in carpet easily, and can cause long term damage if left in the carpet.
- Prior to vacuuming, sprinkle a little baking soda over the carpet to adsorb odors and keep your carpet smelling at its best.
- If a stain occurs do not let it dry into your carpet! Treat stains immediately with your chosen cleaner or a natural option such as vinegar and club soda, remembering to use a white or neutral coloured towel to blot the stain so dye doesn’t transfer onto your carpet. Do not rub a stain, this only makes it worse!
- Finally, to keep your carpet looking brand new, occasional professional cleaning is necessary. Despite regular vacuuming carpet can get dirty overtime, so it is recommended to get carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year to maintain the integrity of your carpet.
- Follow these cleaning tip and you can be sure you are prolonging the life of your carpet by keeping it looking and smelling fresh!